Montessori
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCAP Meeting News

Go down

LCAP Meeting News Empty LCAP Meeting News

Post by Arianna Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:07 am

From Karla,

Hello,

I attended this evenings MCSD LCAP meeting. I spoke with one of the Asst. Superintendents after the meeting about expansion of the Montessori program. Please hold on to the letter we have been signing and do not submit it, yet (it also needs to be readdressed).

The district has been working on the expansion of the Montessori program (as promised) to include grades 4/5/6. With that said, in a few weeks all Montessori parents will receive a survey. One main question to be asked of Montessori parents is, if we are ok with a 4/5/6 grade combo Montessori class for next year. Upon results from the survey, the district is anticipating an expansion for the 2018-2019 school year. Their concern is parents wouldn't want 3 grades combined. However, b/c of numbers that makes more sense for them to have the three grades in one class as it relates to next school year.

A teacher who is already Montessori certified within the district has already been identified for the program expansion.

On another note, within the next 2 weeks we should see an addition of after school programs for Ada Givens students in the areas of art, music, chess, robotics, etc. Something will be sent home in the near future (info from the Learning Director).

I would like to invite you to our next School Site Council meeting on January 25 at 6pm in the library. Parent involvement is needed as we plan for the future of Ada Givens students.

Arianna
Admin

https://montessorians.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down