Montessori
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORANT - PLEASE READ

Go down

IMPORANT - PLEASE READ Empty IMPORANT - PLEASE READ

Post by Arianna Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 am

I know I sent out the other email only yesterday, but you are all so amazing and quick that I can already send out this message.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of people tell me that they would not be able to make the meeting and the information that we would have discussed absolutely needs to be put forward before the District meeting. Please read the information carefully, if something does not make sense - please let me know.

From Ms. Lysa's post on our Facebook group:

"A lot of nebulous things were said. For example, they stated that although rumor had it that there was a Montessori trained person in the district, they told me that they do not know of any such person or how this rumor got stated. They went on to say that they aren't sure that they will expand the program because -

1) None of the families with children who were in Montessori that would be in 6th grade want to return to Montessori,

2) People tested their children for GATE which shows that they don't have any loyalty to Montessori..."

As a group we have two tasks to accomplish BEFORE the District meeting -

1) If you have a student who will be in 6th grade next year and would like them to be in Montessori, please write a letter to the district expressing your interest in the 4/5/6 class and how much you would like your student to be a part of that class.

If you know someone who has a soon-to-be 6th grader that would like to be in Montessori program, please have them write a letter addressing their own interest in the program for their student.

2) If you GATE-tested your student, please write a letter in regards to why you did. Please be clear that you have EVERY INTENTION of being in Montessori, but you were concerned with broken promises from the district (and/or any other reason you have) and wanted to take precautions for your student's academics. Specify that if the district approves of the 4/5/6 class your student will NOT be in the GATE class, but that they will be in the Montessori class.

The letters should be addressed to Paula Heupel and Elaine Keely. These are the two district members who are on the Montessori board.

Thank you all for your continued support, please let me know if more clarification is needed. Again, I must stress that we NEED these letters before our District Montessori Meeting on the 27th.

If you will not be attending that meeting, please send me your letters so that I can print them out and they can be taken by other members of the group. It is absolutely important that we show a unified front and that we are absolutely committed to expanding the program.

Arianna
Admin

https://montessorians.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum